Oh So Stationery

Monday, 23 January 2012

First Day Back

Today was my husband's first day back at work after a month of being off with Wills and I. Needless to say - we have REALLY missed him and because we've REALLY missed him we've been REALLY busy to try and make the day go quickly.

Today, we've played with and arranged our new wooden spoon puppets...

Our wooden spoon puppet "family"



We've been making these over the last few days after I found a craft kit in "Riot Art and Craft", well the 4 spoons just weren't enough - we kept going (reject shop / dollar shop is great for this project!)!

We went to the shops and had a do nut, did the shopping and climbed the ladder at the park...


 and then came home and made playdoh eggs to put in to the little gold basket from the markets. After we did that we had some lunch and then tried out this really great art project - cheap and not too much to clean up! We made a contact picture. First of all I taped a sheet of contact paper onto the window sticky side out. Then Willow went to town sticking bits of paper, feathers etc. onto the contact. No glue required! It kept her occupied for nearly half an hour and the whole time she kept up this chatter as if she was talking to an audience about her beautiful picture! The picture is now hanging pride of place in my study.

 Here's Willow working on it. I had images in my head of sweetly made suncatchers, cut into different shapes covered in an array of LITTLE pieces of tissue paper.. what I got is. well, this. They DO say it's the process and not the end product!

Willow soon decided to experiment to see if play doh would stick (yep), small plastic dollies (nope) and feathers later on (absolutely, she had a ball with the feathers).

Then the different materials began to merge and she started making a play doh creation by sticking feathers into it. I thought it was a porcupine she told me (indignantly) that it was in fact a rain cloud (of course).

and THIS is the finished product! She was VERY proud of her efforts - much better than some sun catcher stars after all!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic craft! Your family of wooden spoons look so cute! I just might have to steal this idea. I'm glad Willow liked the Do-a-Dots too. I am constantly having to correct people who think Livinia's name is Olivia and who are just plain perplexed by Elyssia's name. Quietly, I am glad they have special names, the only problem will be trying to come up with a third one equally as unique, if we are so lucky. It's surprising, kids almost always remember the girls names correctly, it's the adults who have the most trouble remembering!

    ReplyDelete

 

Theme Design © Mod Melon Creative